BOA November Members Meeting Highlights
BOA November Members Meeting highlighted the key issues that happened over the last month, but also focused on several important forthcoming activities.
BOA's participation in the #SofiaCleanAir initative for achieving a collective positive impact and striking a socially-engaged message was discussed, and a decision was taken to develop a BOA Initiative Badge. Companies that wish to join the initiative on Nov 16th are still actively encouraged to do so.
As a path towards creating a CSR committee and combined philanthropic effort, BOA's Christmas Party (Dec 19) will be dedicated to a cause for which all BOA members can donate - in corporate and individual capacity, in person on the day of the event, or via wire transfer. Details will follow early next week.
The success of BOA 2018 Annual Industry Report was announced on the meeting. So far, the report has 101 media publications: 2 in television, 2 radio broadcasts, 5 print and 92 online media publications.
A quick update on the progress of BOA 306 Degree study was also shared by the Board.
We were glad to welcome two new members in person - EXL (Full) and Equinix (Strategic Partner).
The second part of the meeting was occupied by a lively and productive discussion. Several ideas and action points came out regarding BOA’s agenda for 2019. The key points that were discussed included:
• Launching a common procurement work group to leverage the combined buying power of BOA members / a preferred suppliers program;
• Forming an ethics code committee where BOA members can discuss issues of common concern, such as dealing with changes in legislation that affect negatively all companies;
• Furthering the research products of BOA based on the member needs, as well as the issues and opportunities associated with it;
• Investing further in building the Bulgaria Value Destination brand, supporting BOA members for intercorporate product and service center transfer to Bulgaria;
• Forming a new e-mail alias CEO-to-CEO to enhance BOA member collaboration and idea bounching.
The next Monthly Members Meeting was set for Jan 15, 2019, and it will focus on 2019 priorities, projects and financials.